Friday, May 13, 2011

People Really Are This Stupid

Well that's a piss off, my last blog post isn't here. I wrote it, I posted it and now it isn't here. Sometimes I really hate technology.

Anyway, I just had to share this whole new level of stupidity I've seen today. As you know, I'm on the condo board for my building and part of my responsibilities are to monitor the website and email for question, concerns, inquiries.  90 percent of the people in my building don't understand the difference between the board and the property manager so we'll get emails about the garage door not working or they need a new fob becuase they lost their.- all service/maintenance things that that the PM takes care of. The board only enforced bylaws and directs the PM where to spend money when necessary.
Needless to say, I get annoyed with dumbos at the best of times, but today someone actually emailed the condo board to tell us the 2nd floor smelled like smoke/fire. Emailed. The Board. Didn't call the fire dept or anything! The best part is we don't check the email all the time, not even every day. I just happened to see it as I was logging in for something else and I actually had to log out and log back in because I couldn't really believe that someone could be this retarded.
So how do you even respond to that kind of email? I want to say "well I guess since the building hasn't burnt down you were wrong this time" or what's more likely is "are you fucking kidding me with this shit? Are you really that moronic that although you were concerned enough to think there might be a fire you only wanted to let the board know a day or two later and not the fire dept now?" This person either needs to have 24/7 special assistance care or needs to be evicted so that I don't have to deal with their stupid ass.

In other news, the new high school across the street is almost done. This is good news and bad news. The good: fewer big noisy trucks interrupting my lunchtime patio naps; less dirt and dust piling up on my furniture, entertainment in the upcoming school year - you know I'm going to be yelling at kids to GET OFF MY LAWN! And now the bad: bigger line ups at 7-11 (this is really going to piss me off), more garbage everywhere and more complaints from residents in the building about the hooligans smoking on our property. Hey, if all they are doing is smoking cigarettes I will be happy.
I have one more year here, making it 6 years and the longest I have ever stayed in one place. There is a 50/50 chance I will snap and kill a kid before my lease it up and if do end up in jail please bring me some mini eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment