Friday, October 8, 2010

Bitches, Ditches and Stitches

Nothing really exciting has been going on around her and I don't want to blog just to take up space so that's why I haven't posted in a while But here's the roundup:.

BC and a couple other "friends" went out on a Sat night a couple of weeks ago and the other two ending up ditching us. Really? Who does that? No courtesy text that they were leaving, nothing. Yeah, that's what I call a friend! BC and I ended up getting separated and didn't know the other 2 had left so it was a disaster all around. The 15 jager bombs he and I had probably didn't help and we're quite sure we were probably 2 feet apart, walking around in circles looking for other but we never met up again. Ranchman's can be a confusing place when you're smashfaced, wearing eye patches and being hit on by Captain Morgan. At the end of the day, I've decided to cull my friend list. When I can't support you're actions and am embarrassed of your behavior it's time to call it quits. Life's too short to be a bitch or be treated like a piece of shit and neither of the girls cared anyway.

BF and I went to the Palomino to see Hayes Carll a couple of weeks ago and it was great. The only shitty thing about that venue is that it is in the basement and there are only about 20 chairs and 6 tables for 200 people. Now I'm not a stander, so thank goodness we got in line early and BF scored us the last table and last 2 chairs in the joint (they were plastic lawn chairs but that suited me just fine). I also noticed that both exits were in the same location so if there was a fire (which I was sure there was going to be) we were all going to die. We didn't die, but I'm still a little uneasy about that set up.They have a nice big bar with fast service and the bathrooms were big and fairly clean (bathrooms are very important to me. I can't go into dirty public bathrooms because my head spins out of control with that must have happened to get it that dirty and what diseases I am sure to leave with).

I went with my mom to some sort of crafting/quilting show at the Round Up Center and found some neat new projects that I will work on never. I bought some more fabric for a quilt that will not see the light of day and got excited about scrapbooking projects that I have no intention of starting (or finishing).

We (my family and our SO's) have also started curling on Friday nights. So far we've had 2 practices and 1 game and the only Olympics we'll be making are the Special ones, although if you know my family that sounds about right. Our dad is coaching us but he laughs at us more than anything (even though he says we've improved already). You may be asking yourselves, why curling? Well, it only takes 2 hours, the whole family can participate and it's in the rules that you have to go for drinks after every game with the team you played. For reals! Also, throwing rocks on ice, how could that possibly go wrong????

Other than that, it's been all quiet on the home front. We have s few things going on this weekend that may be fun to report back. Want a hint? Corn Cob launcher. Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment