Monday, November 8, 2010

Do I hate kids or parents? Some days it's a toss up.

Update, Nov 9, 2010

Just as I thought, these whiny bastards are getting $1000 from Alaska Airlines. I saw one comment that said they were going to start a blog called "Alaska Airlines Hates Responsible People" (the original assholes started a blog called "Alaska Airlines Hates Families") and that just about sums up my thoughts on it. People like this that want the world to cave to them disgust me and I hope karma gets them back 10 fold. Remember, it's you and I, the airlines customers who play by the rules who end up paying for these schmucks and now that the precedent has been set how many more idiot sticks are going to come out of the woodwork when they are too moronic to look at a clock and figure out what time it is? Stop the insanity!

***********************************************************************************

Maybe it's not the kids I don't like, maybe it's parents that fuel my hate.
This story is all over the papers today: Diaper disaster ends in travel mess for Edmonton newlyweds and if you are too lazy to read it, the gist of it is that the parents arrived at the gate 20 mins before their flight was scheduled to take off but their baby had an explosive shit episode so the mom went to change it and in the meantime Alaska Airlines gave their seats away because they were not boarded per the airlines posted rules. It then cost the couple $1000 for new tickets to fly home the next day.My 3 words to sum up this story? Boo fucking hoo.


Ok, so we all know I'm not a fan of babies, or children in general, but this isn't the kids fault so I'll look at the stupidity of the parents here.


1. In Las Vegas, Alaska Airlines requires that passengers be checked in and available to board at least 40 minutes before posted departure - it is clearly stated on their website and presumably in the e-ticket info these people would have also received but obviously ignored. Yet this family of mornons clearly state that they "arrived at the gate more than 20 minutes before the plane was scheduled to take off". So were they on time? NO! If they had been on the plane and the kid shit himself they would have pissed people off around them with the smell etc. but there's no rules broken in that (see, I understand that kids being a stinky pain in the ass isn't illegal).


2. So they were admittedly late and they are pissed because Alaska Airlines followed their own rules to keep the flight departing on time thus not holding up the other 100+ passengers on the plane. From that I gather here, just because you have a kid that means that rules no longer apply to you, correct? Um, I don't think so. These people also believe that because they have a kid that their time is more important than everyone else's in the world so delaying the boarding process specifically for them is a no brainer and the rest of the people who were there and on the plane on time and ready to go mean nothing. The best part is that they are completely unapologetic for being late!


3. "The company offered Blais and Roberge each a $400 travel voucher as a "service gesture," said another spokeswoman, but they have so far declined".
"With memories of their wedding weekend forever tainted, Blais said they want an apology and $1,000. "I don't think I'm asking for anything unreasonable here.It was a terrible, stressful experience. But I'm not asking for any emotional damages. I just want them to pay me back for what it cost me to get home."

So Alaska Airlines puts forth a good will gesture which they didn't have to do but that isn't good enough and you're doing them a favor by not seeking emotional damages and publicly posting that "Alaska Airlines Hates Families?" Are you kidding me???? What about the emotional damages of the world having to deal with people like this who have a sense of entitlement and believe that the world revolves around them? Where do I sign up for emotional damages for THAT? Also, I hope Alaska sues this couple for slander on the hating families bit.If anyone hates families it's Las Vegas - God bless Vegas for that!


4. Who the hell flies through Seattle to or from Vegas/Edmonton? What were they trying to save, like $25 a ticket to extend the trip by hours? When you have a little poop machine with you just pay the extra few bucks and fly direct you cheap ass bitches! It's long trips and changing planes and the like that make kids cranky and piss off the rest of the plane (and I'm sure it can't be fun for the parents either). I also wonder where they stayed, I bet it was Circus Circus for $29/night - bedbugs included at no extra charge!


5. You took your 9 month old to Vegas for your wedding. Seriously. How do you stay out all night getting smash faced and gambling too much when you have a 9 month old with you? Oh, you were there to see the sights? The sights are hookers and blow, what the fuck were you thinking?


I have a feeling that in the end the stupid people might win this one, but then what? Where will we ever draw the line? These people went to Vegas, gambled that Alaska Airlines wouldn't enforce the rules on them and lost.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of what you said makes sense but... boy are you ever coming off as a negative person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anon:
    There is no positivity when dealing stupidity.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think perhaps we could both agree to hate the media and their stupid stories, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed.
    I debated whether or not I should spend any time on this non news story but since I had such strong feelings about I had to do it. Plus, I'm not a news source, so I'm allowed. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete